Thursday 29 October 2015

The Best Things About Autumn

The Best Things About Autumn


The clocks have changed and it's getting dark really early now. I know we will soon have to start coming straight home from school because it will be too dark and wet to go to the park but I still have lots of things I like about Autumn so during a long car journey earlier in the week Lottie and I decided to make a list of our favourite things about this time of year.

1. All the colours- the trees that I can see from my bedroom window are really lovely colours and there are lots of different greens, yellows, oranges and reds wherever we look. I am going to collect some leaves tomorrow and do some prints.



2. Blackberries. I know I have said how much I love apple and blackberry crumble before but there are still plenty to pick round here at the moment and we have frozen enough to last us through the winter too!

3. Crunching in the leaves. When the trees do completely lose their leaves I love it when it is cold and dry and we can crinkle and crunch through them. There is a bit on the way to school where they gather in a dip and they are really fun to kick through and it sounds awesome if you push the buggy through them. I also LOVE using my Grandparents leaf blower!




4. Coming home when it is dark, closing the curtains, putting the fire on and having a hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows- yum!

5. Conkers- I think this is our favourite thing about this time of year, we have collected a huge stash between us and our favourite harvest time song at school is about conkers - you can find it on YouTube but doesn't show the best bit though where we all shout loudly 99...100- it's quite fun to see the teachers jump! We aren't allowed to play with them at school but Dad is going to set them up so we can play against him and Mum says we need to put them in vinegar to make them stronger. Next collection will be pine cones to decorate for Christmas!


What do you love about Autumn? Do you have any great tips for a perfect conker? 





All images in this post kindly supplied by and used with the permission of 

Emma Hearn- for further details please use the contact form

No comments:

Post a Comment